Ashwagandha is well-known for its immunity-boosting, anti-aging, and de-stressing properties. Here’s how you can make a delicious Ashwagandha tea to give yourself an immunity boost during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ashwagandha tea has a natural and slightly intense flavor and some people may find the flavor of the tea a bit overwhelming. Therefore, the tea is usually consumed with honey, cardamom, and buttermilk. Ashwagandha tea can also be infused with cherry juice, turmeric, or hazelnut to make it more appetizing.
A little bit about Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is a staple in Ayurveda where its roots, stem, and leaves have been used for more than 3000 years for their diverse healing properties. Known scientifically as Withania somnifera, the ashwagandha plant is mainly grown in Yemen, India, China, and India. The root of the plant has a strong natural odor that is commonly described as “horse-like” and the botanical name of the plant, somnifera, translates to “sleep-inducing”. The ashwagandha plant is also commonly known as poison berry, winter cherry, and Indian ginseng.
Health benefits of ashwagandha tea
- Helps overcome fatigue, both mental and physical
- Improves mood
- May reduce inflammation and boost immunity
- Helps manage blood sugar levels
- Good for heart health and arthritis
- Has anti-cancer properties
HOW TO MAKE ASHWAGANDHA TEA
You can quickly make ashwagandha tea from ashwagandha root powder, which you can buy from local health food stores or online. Here’s an easy recipe for making ashwagandha tea that you can follow:
- Boil one cup of water.
- Add one teaspoon of dried ashwagandha root powder.
- Cover the boiling water with a lid and turn the heat down.
- Let the water simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the water from heat and allow it to cool.
- Using a strainer, gently pour the water into a glass jar or mug.
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, honey, or other sweeteners.
- Enjoy your cup of ashwagandha tea
Note: Use one teaspoon of dried ashwagandha root powder for every cup of water.
A cup of tea can have immense potential to boost your immunity, overall health, and mood as well. Try this recipe soon to make the most of this Ayurveda based tea. Let us know how your experience was. For more such recipes, healing techniques of Ayurveda, and benefits of Ayurveda, contact us or follow us on our social media handles.
Have a nice day!